These cookies are so delicious, you will not have them for long. I searched online for the perfect white chocolate chip cookie and came across Sallys Baking Addiction Inside out chocolate chip cookies. These cookies are so yummy and delicious, you will not have them for long. They melt in your mouth and are great with a big glass of cold milk.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar (or light brown sugar)
- 1 large egg, room temperature preferred*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 and 1/4 cup white chocolate chips, plus a few more to sprinkle on top
- 1 and 1/4 cup halved or chopped nuts of your choice
- Using a handheld or stand mixer, cream the butter on medium speed for about 20 seconds. Add the sugars with the mixer running on medium speed. Cream it all together until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- In a separate medium size bowl, toss the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt together. Slowly add to the wet ingredients with the mixer running on low. The dough will be very thick. By hand, stir in the milk, then fold in the white chocolate chips. The dough will be thick and very sticky. Chill for at least 2 hours and up to 36 hours, covered. Chilling is mandatory.
- Preheat oven to 350*F degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- Take 2 Tablespoons of chilled dough and roll into a ball. Place on cookie sheet and press a few more white chocolate chips on the tops, if desired.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Cookies will appear undone and very soft. Press down (gently) if cookies are too puffy. Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for at least 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
* To bring the egg to room temperature, put the egg in hot water (not boiling) for 5-8 minutes.
Recipe source: sallysbakingaddiction.com